For more lovely words from my students >>> click here for testimonials <<<
My style of teaching yoga:
I teach Body Wisdom Yoga which is Embodied Slow Mindful Yoga and Mindfulness, Somatic and Functional Movement, Yin Yoga and Restorative Yoga.
My focus of teaching is on embodiment, breath and present moment experience. It’s all about living more in your body, finding more ease and moving without pain, struggle or forcing. It’s about connecting and opening to our vitality and a sense of being fully alive.
When we slow down and bring our mindful awareness within our bodies and our practice becomes a joyful exploration and an inner enquiry. We can learn so much about ourselves on the mat – how we show up for ourselves and our habitual ways of doing things. Over a period of time our practice and what we learn spreads into every aspect of our lives off the mat.
Over the past 8 years I’ve taught over 4000 hours. Combine that with 25 years of personal practice and countless trainings and courses and being a book worm – I bring together a unique blend of embodied mindful teaching.
This embodied slow mindful yoga with focus on breath and embodiment as well as yin yoga helps us to slow down and switch off our stress response. And the same time strengthen your body at slow incremental pace.
Benefits of this type of yoga:
- improves energy, especially when you’re fatigued
- reduces pain and chronic tension in the body
- reduces depression and low feelings
- helps calm the mind – reduces anxiety and hyperalertness
- nourishes your digestive system as nervous system switches into ‘rest & digest’ response
- improves chronic conditions and strengthens the body
- helps us live more in the body and develop self-compassion and self-acceptance
These practices help us learn how to live an embodied life and thrive with calm and ease, and become more resilient in our busy world.
And they are suitable for complete beginners!