Mindful Yoga and Stress Resilience Course
Coming back to whole self through body
Wednesdays 6.30pm to 8pm
@ Move Room, 107 Grange Road, Ramsgate CT11 9QB
Small group of 6 people only
2 new courses starting dates: 18th September & 13th November
Stress is now an everyday problem and an epidemic. It is probably the single biggest contributing factor to many physical conditions such as insomnia, headaches, high blood pressure, and mental health issues like depression and OCD. But scientists now also regard stress as a contributing factor in more serious illnesses like diabetes and cancer.
Our lives have become busier and faster but our bodies have not evolved to be able to deal with this constant impact.
And that’s what creates the problem – stress is constant and relentless.
Short term stress response in the body – an activation of nervous system and hormonal system increasing the levels of cortisol, adrenalin and norepinephrine – producing fight, flight or freeze reaction – is s survival mechanism that allowed human beings to live through the challenges of life in the wild where we could become food to animals at any point. It helped us escape or fight for our survival.
But this response is designed to be short term because it also suppresses activity of the immune system and digestive system, increases blood pressure and contribute to a number of other out of balance reactions in the body.
And when this level of over activity takes place for a long time – then ‘body says no more.’
Stress can kill – that’s why it’s so important to learn ways to reduce stress as well as deal with the root causes of stress.
This Stress Reduction course will help you by teaching you:
- How to relax in the body with gentle embodied mindful and somatic yoga to release chronic tension in body, unwind and relax. Gentle yoga and somatic movement helps the body relax and let go of the chronic holding that creates imbalance and pain. It allows the body to restore harmony and balance in posture.
- Mindfulness and embodiment practices to be more present in your body with ease. Awareness is always the first key to making any change. Learn how to pay attention within your body to feel more grounded and at ease. This is a skill – nobody was born with it.
- Breathing exercises to switch off stress response in the body. Research shows that breathing helps with lowering stress, not just with immediate calming effect but also in long-term chronic stress conditions.
- Practices for restful sleep. Learn how to relax and let go of daily stress so you can wake up renewed and meet your day with clarity and focus.
- Focusing practices to create a sense of inner connection and ease. Learn to go beyond mindfulness to start building a sense of honest self-trust and confidence and prioritise your authentic self-care.
A 5-week programme starting Wednesday 18th September 6.30pm to 8pm.
This is a great course to help you experience more calm in your mind, ease chronic tension and pain, reduce anxiety and aid restful sleep.
This course is right for you if:
- You need a more gentle approach then a usual yoga class
- You want to learn how you hold stress in your body and learn to release it
- You want to understand about how stress impacts your body
- You are experiencing sleep problems/insomnia
- You live with chronic tension or pain
- You find it difficult to relax
- You suffer from stress
- You want to learn in a small group allowing more individual attention (max 6)
I’m happy to chat to you about whether this course is right for you or somebody you know then call me on: 07543973841
“People look for retreats for themselves; in the country, by the coast or in the hills… there is nowhere a person can find a more peaceful and trouble-free retreat than in his own mind… so constantly give yourself this retreat and renew yourself.”
Did you know that I specialise in Private Yoga Sessions?
I have a few last slots in my schedule for Private Yoga Sessions and if you feel that you would benefit from Private Yoga Sessions rather than group sessions then contact me to discuss on 07543973841. You can find out more about Private Yoga Sessions >> HERE <<
Bringing together in this Yoga and Stress Resilience course:
- gentle yoga and somatic movement
- mindfulness and compassionate practices
- embodiment practices
- Focusing practices
- as well as scientific explanation of stress responses in the body
This course will take to a new level of understanding and empowerment.
This is the first time I’m bringing together as a group course two decades of training and practicing various modalities – that I only use with my private clients.
Each session will focus on different practices to help you understand and respond to stress. We will use gentle movement and breath as well as discuss each week’s topic.
Each week you will receive email with practices to help you integrate them further in your daily life and self-care.
Contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07543973841 if you’d like to chat more about joining this course.