ONLINE MENTORSHIP for Yoga Teachers:
Trauma Resilience Embodied Yoga and Social Impact
50-hour Further Training Course accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals
10-week online teacher training with mentoring programme
Starting Friday 22nd January 2021
Online via Zoom – Fridays 1pm to 4pm UK time
Small group + 1-2-1 sessions to allow for personalised support
EARLY BIRD PRICE and BONUS AVAILABLE TILL 15th December 2020
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN/AIM OF THE COURSE
- To up-level skill and understanding of trauma and embodiment
- Learn practical skills and tools for teaching in trauma-informed and aware, mindful embodied way to help students experience real transformation
- Understand in practical terms how trauma works – Stress Response, Impact on the brain, Polyvagal Theory, PTSD and disassociation, Attachment theory
- Use research and how it supports use of yoga, mindfulness and embodiment practices in working with trauma
- Learn to create a stable and safe practice space for your students using embodiment practices
- Learn to assess students’ behavior and presentation to work in client-led way
- Learn the language used for working with trauma resilience
- Create your own 6 week programme for your community using trauma awareness and safe embodiment tools and practices: mindful embodied yoga, mindfulness, compassionate practices, pranayama, somatic and embodiment practices, and Focusing (Embodied Listening).
AT THE END OF THE COURSE YOU WILL HAVE:
- Up-leveled your understanding of trauma including your own experience
- Learnt how to use asana, pranayama, mindfulness, compassion and embodiment practices and tools to create a safe environment for your students
- Learned how to take care of yourself when working with students experiencing trauma and trauma symptoms like stress, anxiety, overwhelm and disassociation
- Gone through a personal journey – practiced embodiment to self-regulate, reflected on your own journey and grown as a practitioner and a yoga teacher
WHAT MAKES THIS COURSE UNIQUE
- This course brings together trauma awareness and training and mentoring in one – which means you will get lots of support and time to process and turn knowledge into embodied wisdom
- You will learn resilience and embodiment practices including Embodied Listening (Focusing) practice of working with felt-senses in the body for real personal transformation – something that you can practice daily and then bring into your teaching. These practices allow you to nurture deeper connection and integration – much needed for our busy and anxiety, stress and trauma filled lives
- The group will be no more than 16 participants to allow for safe learning space
- You will be asked to work with a buddy every week – allowing you to practice and connect with other teachers from the course
- This course is done online so there is no travel required. At the moment as the world situation is unclear this kind of training will support you and your students very well. I will be running residential events next year and you will have an opportunity to join us then
HOW DOES IT WORK
- It’s a 10-week online mentorship programme
- 9 weekly 3-hour online sessions via Zoom on Fridays 1pm to 4pm UK time
- plus one integration week (week 9) with no zoom call
- all zoom calls are recorded
- 2 x 1-hour zoom 1-2-1 mentoring sessions for each participant
- there will be access to private membership space with videos and resources
- we will have private FB group for mutual support
- you will need to allocate time for home practices each week and your research
- you will be offered an option to work with a buddy system for mutual accountability and Focusing practice
- you will design your own 6 week programme to teach to your community
- EARLY BIRD BONUS till 15th December: 90 mins business clarity call to help you plan your business path
WHAT WILL WE COVER
WEEK 1 – What is trauma and what is resilience – 22nd January 2021
- Trauma and resilience – definitions and what is it about
- Stress response, brain, PTSD, Polyvagal Theory
- Yoga for trauma and resilience
- Where does it fit for you?
- Body as stability – yoga and embodiment practices
WEEK 2 – How trauma manifests in students and how yoga can help – 29th January
- The gift of yoga – research and practice
- Body language and useful assessments
- Helping students self-regulate
- Body as stability – yoga and embodiment practices
WEEK 3 – Connection and boundaries in yoga for trauma – 5th February
- Compassionate boundaries
- Self-care and support when working with any trauma
- Who do you teach
- Body as a safe space – yoga and embodiment practices
WEEK 4 – Mindfulness and embodiment in yoga for trauma – 12th February
- The difference between mindfulness and embodiment
- 5 path journey towards self-regulation and transformation
- Embodied listening (Focusing) practice
- Body as aware organic space – yoga and embodiment practices
WEEK 5 – Compassion and identity in yoga for trauma – 19th February
- Metta Bhavana practices and cultivating compassionate Presence
- Nurturing resilience through yoga
- Compassion and identity in yoga and embodiment practices
WEEK 6 – Teaching yoga for trauma with safe embodiment and resilience – 26th February
- Asana and pranayama for trauma, resilience and safe embodiment
- Yin and yang yoga approaches in your teaching
WEEK 7 – Teaching yoga for trauma with safe embodiment, resilience and social change – 5th March
- Your yoga and embodiment practices
- Trauma, resilience, yoga and teaching in community for social change
WEEK 8 – Tools to re-connect and integrate – 12th March
- Becoming Embodied Leader
- Designing your own 6-week programme with trauma informed care, yoga and safe embodiment
- Yoga on and off the mat – social impact
WEEK 9 – Integration week (no call) – working on your programme – 19th March
- Time to work on your 6 week programme
WEEK 10 – Questions, integration and review – 26th March
- Q & A session A session
WHO AM I TO TEACH YOU ABOUT TRAUMA WORK
I feel passionate about sharing this knowledge because I know how much of a difference it makes to our confidence and quality of teaching. I’ve been practicing yoga for over 25 years, and teaching mindfulness yoga and meditation for 11 years. I also worked with trauma for over 20 years including 16 years front- line in Social Care with trauma, crisis intervention, mental health, addiction, DV, and child protection issues in various settings in London and Kent, where I later trained and supervised workers to engage and support vulnerable individuals and families.
Over last two decades I trained in various modalities including Mindfulness yoga and meditation, Mindfulness and Yoga for Pain, Slow Embodied yoga, Yin/Insight yoga, Psychology and Person-Centred Counselling, Master NLP and NLP for Health and Wellbeing, Life and Wellness Coaching, breathwork, Energy Healing and Reiki Master, Somatics, Embodiment practices, bodywork and Thai Yoga Massage.
I am also Embodied Resilience Coach and Focusing practitioner (currently assisting on modular Focusing Training with Fiona Parr).
I bring all of that experience into my work with clients, creating integrative approach, a unique mix of bio-psycho-social & spiritual approach that is client-led, compassionate and trauma aware.
I am registered Senior Yoga Teacher and Trainer with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK, with over 5000 hours teaching time, and Founder of Golden Mandala Ltd School of Yoga.
I work closely with Julia Davis from Yoga Teachers Forum and deliver Ethics and Trauma for Yoga Teachers workshops.
I have been mentoring yoga teachers for many years – you can find more info here: Yoga Teacher Mentoring.
Please note that these trainings are not therapy and I encourage you to seek therapeutic support if you struggling with your mental health.
Join us in our free FB group: Trauma Resilience Embodied Yoga and Social Impact
To apply for this mentorship programme please schedule your free consultation with me via my Acuity Scheduling calendar button below. It will give us an opportunity to connect and explore if this mentorship is right for you.
EARLY BIRD till 15th December 2020: £630 – includes BONUS 90 mins business clarity call and group sessions and 2 x 1-2-1 mentoring sessions.
FULL PRICE from 16th December: £680 – includes group sessions and 2 x 1 hour 1-2-1 mentoring sessions.
EARLY BIRD: I know that the current situation is difficult for many of us and therefore you can pay the full amount or with payment plans (3 instalments x £210 or 5 instalments x £126). >> Go to Shop page for instalments options <<
Please note T&C apply and there are no refunds for this course.
Here is what previous participants say about this training:
I joined this course after completing the Trauma and being Safely Embodied 4 Hour CPD Workshop, which was focussed, informative and had an immediate impact on the quality of my teaching. When I came into the Online Mentorship programme I hoped it would be a continuation of that journey resulting in a deep applied knowledge of the topic and legitimately trauma-safe teaching. From the first session it became clear that this programme would be so much more than that.
Over the programme I’ve taken an honest look at my own wellbeing as a teacher and in my everyday life, so that I can create a more aligned personal practice. I’ve learned to approach my yoga business as a leader and a specialist, identifying the qualities I bring to my work and those that I need to cultivate in order to move forward. I now have the tools I need to build personalised trauma-safe embodiment courses for my one-to-one clients, as well as ensure my group classes are safe for everyone, including me. It’s been a worthwhile investment that couldn’t be more valuable at this point in my professional and personal development.
Before the CPD workshop I had never met Aneta or known anyone else that had trained with her. I usually choose my trainings by personal recommendation, but I was convinced by her years of professional experience in social care, working in crisis centres with people experiencing significant mental health challenges. I hoped that the training would come from this place of lived expertise, not theory and philosophy. I wasn’t disappointed. It is so rare and refreshing to take a yoga teacher training course that is secular and backed by current scientifically informed thinking and applies that knowledge to the whole practice of yoga without descending into received wisdom and spiritual bypassing. On a challenging programme that asked a lot of me personally and intellectually I’m so glad I was able to connect with Aneta’s approach. She brings humour and strength with compassion in equal parts, never descends into woolly thinking and is always open and willing to share her knowledge.
Over the years I’ve taken a lot of training to make sure that my teaching is underpinned by social justice; safe, accessible and lively. I feel as though taking this course has brought all that learning together and prepared me to start a new phase in my career as a yoga teacher. If you are an experienced yoga teacher, and ready to open yourself up to the learning, I can’t recommend it highly enough.
Camilla Umar, Loop Yoga, www.loopyoga.co.uk
I joined Aneta’s course after teaching yoga & mindfulness, and offering Emotional Resilience & Wellbeing Coaching for several years. I liked the unique combination this course offered by bringing together trauma, embodiment and resilience. I knew that it would help me to create a more profound and longer lasting transformation for my students and clients.
It had become clear that understanding trauma at a deeper level would allow me to support my clients and students in a safer and more wholesome way. I knew that embodiment would be hugely beneficial to my clients who feel stressed, anxious and often disconnected from their body. I also felt that it would be a powerful way to help them have the impact they want to have in every area of their life.
The course has changed the way that I coach and teach yoga. From the words I choose to lead my students, to the choices I offer them throughout our work together, the practices I do with them, and my own embodiment in classes or sessions. It has highlighted the importance of embodiment not only in developing resilience but also in create change in our life from the inside out.
Aneta is a highly knowledgeable teacher who knows how to create a supportive learning environment. She lead us through the content and practices skilfully and brought the course to life through her many years of experience. The mentoring sessions were a huge benefit and provided invaluable insight and support. I would wholeheartedly recommend this course to practitioner who wishes to serve their students or clients in a deeper and more trauma-informed way.
Isabelle Griffith, www.lightupandthrive.com