ONLINE MENTORSHIP for Yoga Teachers:
Trauma Resilience Embodied Yoga and Social Impact Teacher Training (TREY)
50-hour Further Training Course accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals
10-week online teacher training with mentoring programme
START DATE: Tuesday 4th May 2021
Dates: 4/05/21, 11/05/21, 18/05/21, 25/05/21, 1/06/21, 8/06/21, 15/06/21, 22/06/21, 5/07/21 + Bonus mentoring session 19/07/21
Online via Zoom – Tuesdays 12.30pm to 3.30pm UK time
Small group + 1-2-1 sessions to allow for personalised support
EARLY BIRD PRICE till 11th April includes BONUS 90 mins business clarity call
Instalment plans available for 3, 5 or 10 months
> Check all current and future trainings dates at YOGA SCHOOL page
“It is so rare and refreshing to take a yoga teacher training course that is secular and backed by current scientifically informed thinking and applies that knowledge to the whole practice of yoga without descending into received wisdom and spiritual bypassing.”
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN/AIM OF THE COURSE
- To up-level skill and understanding of trauma and embodiment
- Learn practical skills and tools for teaching in trauma-informed and aware, mindful embodied way to help students experience real transformation
- Understand in practical terms how trauma works – Stress Response, Impact on the brain, Polyvagal Theory, PTSD and disassociation, Attachment theory
- Use research and how it supports use of yoga, mindfulness and embodiment practices in working with trauma
- Learn to create a stable and safe practice space for your students using embodiment practices
- Learn to assess students’ behavior and presentation to work in client-led way
- Learn the language used for working with trauma resilience
- Create your own 6 week programme for your community using trauma awareness and safe embodiment tools and practices: mindful embodied yoga, mindfulness, compassionate practices, pranayama, somatic and embodiment practices, and Focusing (Embodied Listening).
AT THE END OF THE COURSE YOU WILL HAVE:
- Up-leveled your understanding of trauma including your own experience
- Learnt how to use asana, pranayama, mindfulness, compassion and embodiment practices and tools to create a safe environment for your students
- Learned how to take care of yourself when working with students experiencing trauma and trauma symptoms like stress, anxiety, overwhelm and disassociation
- Gone through a personal journey – practiced embodiment to self-regulate, reflected on your own journey and grown as a practitioner and a yoga teacher
WHAT MAKES THIS COURSE UNIQUE
- This course brings together trauma-informed care and yoga training AND mentoring in one – which means you will get lots of support and time to process and turn knowledge into embodied wisdom.
- You will learn resilience and embodiment practices including Embodied Listening (Focusing) practice of working with felt-senses in the body for real personal transformation – something that you can practice daily and then bring into your teaching. These practices allow you to nurture deeper connection and integration – much needed for our busy and anxiety, stress and trauma filled live
- The group will be no more than 16 participants to allow for high quality safe learning space
- You will be asked to work with a buddy every week – allowing you to practice and connect with other teachers from the course
- This course is done online so there is no travel required. At the moment as the world situation is unclear this kind of training will support you and your students very well.
HOW DOES IT WORK
- It’s a 10-week online mentorship programme
- 9 weekly 3-hour online sessions via Zoom
- plus one integration week (week 9) with no live zoom call
- plus Bonus mentoring session follow up
- all zoom calls are recorded
- 2 x 1-hour zoom 1-2-1 mentoring sessions for each participant
- there will be access to private membership space with videos and resources
- we will have private FB group for mutual support
- you will need to allocate time for home practices each week and your research
- you will be offered an option to work with a buddy system for mutual accountability and Focusing practice
- you will design your own 6 week programme to teach to your community
- EARLY BIRD BONUS till 18th April: 90 mins business clarity call to help you plan your business path
WHAT WILL WE COVER
WEEK 1 – What is trauma and what is resilience – 4th May 2021
- Trauma and resilience – definitions and what is it about
- Stress response, brain, PTSD, Polyvagal Theory
- Yoga for trauma and resilience
- Where does it fit for you?
- Body as stability – yoga and embodiment practices
WEEK 2 – How trauma manifests in students and how yoga can help – 11th May
- The gift of yoga – research and practice
- Body language and useful assessments
- Helping students self-regulate
- Body as stability – yoga and embodiment practices
SESSION 3 – Connection and boundaries in yoga for trauma – 18th May
- Compassionate boundaries
- Self-care and support when working with any trauma
- Who do you teach
- Body as a safe space – yoga and embodiment practices
SESSION 4 – Mindfulness and embodiment in yoga for trauma – 25th May
- The difference between mindfulness and embodiment
- 5 path journey towards self-regulation and transformation
- Embodied listening (Focusing) practice
- Body as aware organic space – yoga and embodiment practices
SESSION 5 – Compassion and identity in yoga for trauma – 1st June
- Metta Bhavana practices and cultivating compassionate Presence
- Nurturing resilience through yoga
- Compassion and identity in yoga and embodiment practices
SESSION 6 – Teaching yoga for trauma with safe embodiment and resilience – 8th June
- Asana and pranayama for trauma, resilience and safe embodiment
- Yin and yang yoga approaches in your teaching
SESSION 7 – Teaching yoga for trauma with safe embodiment, resilience and social change – 15th June
- Your yoga and embodiment practices
- Trauma, resilience, yoga and teaching in community for social change
SESSION 8 – Tools to re-connect and integrate – 22nd June
- Becoming Embodied Leader
- Designing your own 6-week programme with trauma informed care, yoga and safe embodiment
- Yoga on and off the mat – social impact
SESSION 9 – Integration week (no call) – working on your programme – 29th June
- Time to work on your 6 week programme
SESSION 10 – Questions, integration and review – 6th July
- Q & A session A session
BONUS SESSION – Mentoring Session Follow up – 19th July
WHO AM I TO TEACH YOU ABOUT TRAUMA WORK
I feel passionate about sharing this knowledge because I know how much of a difference it makes to our confidence and quality of teaching. I’ve been practicing yoga for over 25 years, and teaching mindfulness yoga and meditation for 11 years. I also worked with trauma for over 20 years including 16 years front- line in Social Care with trauma, crisis intervention, mental health, addiction, DV, and child protection issues in various settings in London and Kent, where I later trained and supervised workers to engage and support vulnerable individuals and families.
Over last two decades I trained in various modalities including Mindfulness yoga and meditation, Mindfulness and Yoga for Pain, Slow Embodied yoga, Yin/Insight yoga, Psychology and Person-Centred Counselling, Master NLP and NLP for Health and Wellbeing, Life and Wellness Coaching, breathwork, Energy Healing and Reiki Master, Somatics, Embodiment practices, bodywork and Thai Yoga Massage.
I am also Embodied Resilience Coach and Focusing practitioner (currently assisting on modular Focusing Training with Fiona Parr).
I bring all of that experience into my work with clients, creating integrative approach, a unique mix of bio-psycho-social & spiritual approach that is client-led, compassionate and trauma aware.
I am registered Senior Yoga Teacher and Trainer with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK, with over 5000 hours teaching time, and Founder of Golden Mandala Ltd School of Yoga.
I work closely with Julia Davis from Yoga Teachers Forum and deliver Ethics and Trauma for Yoga Teachers workshops.
I have been mentoring yoga teachers for many years – you can find more info here: Yoga Teacher Mentoring.
Please note that these trainings are not therapy and I encourage you to seek therapeutic support if you struggling with your mental health.
Join us in our free FB group: Trauma Resilience Embodied Yoga and Social Impact
To apply for this mentorship programme please schedule your free consultation with me via my Acuity Scheduling calendar button below. It will give us an opportunity to connect and explore if this mentorship is right for you.
EARLY BIRD till 11th April : £680 – includes BONUS 90 mins business clarity call and group sessions and 2 x 1-2-1 mentoring sessions.
Early Bird INSTALMENT OPTIONS: 3 instalments x £227; 5 instalments x £136; 10 instalments x £70
FULL PRICE from 12th April: £780 – includes group sessions and 2 x 1 hour 1-2-1 mentoring sessions.
Full price INSTALMENT OPTIONS: 3 instalments x £260; 5 instalments x £156; 10 instalments x £80
Please note T&C apply and there are no refunds for this course.
Here is what previous participants say about this training:
I joined this course after completing the Trauma and being Safely Embodied 4 Hour CPD Workshop, which was focussed, informative and had an immediate impact on the quality of my teaching. When I came into the Online Mentorship programme I hoped it would be a continuation of that journey resulting in a deep applied knowledge of the topic and legitimately trauma-safe teaching. From the first session it became clear that this programme would be so much more than that.
Over the programme I’ve taken an honest look at my own wellbeing as a teacher and in my everyday life, so that I can create a more aligned personal practice. I’ve learned to approach my yoga business as a leader and a specialist, identifying the qualities I bring to my work and those that I need to cultivate in order to move forward. I now have the tools I need to build personalised trauma-safe embodiment courses for my one-to-one clients, as well as ensure my group classes are safe for everyone, including me. It’s been a worthwhile investment that couldn’t be more valuable at this point in my professional and personal development.
Before the CPD workshop I had never met Aneta or known anyone else that had trained with her. I usually choose my trainings by personal recommendation, but I was convinced by her years of professional experience in social care, working in crisis centres with people experiencing significant mental health challenges. I hoped that the training would come from this place of lived expertise, not theory and philosophy. I wasn’t disappointed. It is so rare and refreshing to take a yoga teacher training course that is secular and backed by current scientifically informed thinking and applies that knowledge to the whole practice of yoga without descending into received wisdom and spiritual bypassing. On a challenging programme that asked a lot of me personally and intellectually I’m so glad I was able to connect with Aneta’s approach. She brings humour and strength with compassion in equal parts, never descends into woolly thinking and is always open and willing to share her knowledge.
Over the years I’ve taken a lot of training to make sure that my teaching is underpinned by social justice; safe, accessible and lively. I feel as though taking this course has brought all that learning together and prepared me to start a new phase in my career as a yoga teacher. If you are an experienced yoga teacher, and ready to open yourself up to the learning, I can’t recommend it highly enough.
Camilla Umar, Loop Yoga, www.loopyoga.co.uk
I joined Aneta’s course after teaching yoga & mindfulness, and offering Emotional Resilience & Wellbeing Coaching for several years. I liked the unique combination this course offered by bringing together trauma, embodiment and resilience. I knew that it would help me to create a more profound and longer lasting transformation for my students and clients.
It had become clear that understanding trauma at a deeper level would allow me to support my clients and students in a safer and more wholesome way. I knew that embodiment would be hugely beneficial to my clients who feel stressed, anxious and often disconnected from their body. I also felt that it would be a powerful way to help them have the impact they want to have in every area of their life.
The course has changed the way that I coach and teach yoga. From the words I choose to lead my students, to the choices I offer them throughout our work together, the practices I do with them, and my own embodiment in classes or sessions. It has highlighted the importance of embodiment not only in developing resilience but also in create change in our life from the inside out.
Aneta is a highly knowledgeable teacher who knows how to create a supportive learning environment. She lead us through the content and practices skilfully and brought the course to life through her many years of experience. The mentoring sessions were a huge benefit and provided invaluable insight and support. I would wholeheartedly recommend this course to practitioner who wishes to serve their students or clients in a deeper and more trauma-informed way.
Isabelle Griffith, www.lightupandthrive.com
Here is an interview with Isabelle Griffith talking about her experience of ONLINE MENTORSHIP: Trauma Resilience Embodied Yoga and Social Impact
Having previously attended Aneta’s 4hr CPD ‘Trauma & Being Safely Embodied’ I knew this course would be well delivered and informative, however it far exceeded my expectations.
I didn’t know it was possible to learn so much in 10 weeks!
What makes this course unique from others I have undertaken is the addition of one to one mentoring sessions. Having the opportunity to explore subjects covered on the course and receive support and guidance on my own yoga business from Aneta has been invaluable. The buddy sessions are also a great way of sharing support and ideas with other teachers on the course as well as in small groups in the break out rooms during the zoom sessions.
I signed up for the course with the expectation of learning more about the subjects covered but have come away with so much more. As well as the numerous practices that I am already implementing in classes with my students the course has helped me to integrate my previous experience as a therapist with my yoga teaching – I now have a much clearer direction for my teaching going forward. Thank you Aneta, I highly recommend this course!
Joy James, www.whitstableyoga.co.uk
I found Aneta to be a knowledgeable and serious teacher, who skillfully draws on her background in social work, supporting traumatised people and families. She absolutely walks her talk and really embodies her teaching.
Some of the material was familiar to me, and great to revisit from a new perspective, some was new to me, such as applying the Western 4 elements model as a tool for self-assessment and as a framework for classes / courses.
I especially enjoyed the small group discussions, brainstorming different topics and sharing different viewpoints.
My main take-away is that far more people are struggling to cope with the effects of trauma than we realise and applying awareness of this, in practical ways, when teaching ANY classes, is an extremely important element of creating a safe space for all the students.
Anna Blackmore, yogabodymind.co.uk
Before I started Aneta’s course I was looking for a way to move forward with my teaching; a way of educating my students about all the elements of yoga in an easy accessible way, as well as starting to explore how I could possibly support parents that have experienced child loss, something close to my own heart.
Aneta’s extensive experience of working with trauma and the tools that she uses has added a whole new level to my own practice that has helped piece together a fragmented awareness of my own body and mind. This embodied way of working has allowed me to build resilience easing tension, anxiety and giving me an understanding of reactions to past traumatic events, as well as empowering me in the current moment to avoid burn out or overwhelm.
The course has provided a library of extensive inspiring resources that I can continue to use to inform my teaching and guide my own practice for years to come. Aneta has the ability to make you understand the complexity of trauma while giving you informed practices that allow you to support yourself and your students in a group lesson, one to one or workshop environment. The mentoring sessions she provides alongside the course are brilliant, a real gift to explore topics on the course further while thinking about how you can apply the training to your own business model.
I thank Aneta greatly for opening the pathway to an educated and embodied way of teaching that has taught me to evaluate the importance of body and vocal language, to help me work towards becoming an embodied leader, a title that is now beginning to feel a lot more accessible.
The course I completed with you was the ROOF that sealed all the other training I have been doing since 2001.
I trained to become a Reflexologist in 2001. Since then I have continued to train in different therapies and modalities. Always adding to my expertise, building one therapy on top of another. Just like a block of flats that turns into a skyscraper, continually building up out of the sight, head in the clouds.
Your course has become the roof that has sealed or put the topping on, the lid on all of my training to date. I have had the foundation, I have build the four walls but until now I didn’t have a roof. I didn’t even know I needed one.
The module of the Four seasons has given me so much insight into how I have been working and how I am now working.
As well as going through our recordings I’m mentally going though my interactions with clients from as far back as I can remember, identifying where this new information could have helped, the signs I missed because I wasn’t able to read them etc so that I will be more capable of responding in a safe way.