ONLINE MENTORSHIP for Yoga Teachers:
Trauma Resilience Embodied Yoga and Social Impact
50-hour Further Training Course accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals
10-week online teacher training with mentoring programme
Starting Friday 22nd January 2021
Online via Zoom – Fridays 1pm to 4pm UK time
Small group + 1-2-1 sessions to allow for personalised support
EARLY BIRD PRICE and BONUS AVAILABLE TILL 15th December 2020
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN/AIM OF THE COURSE
- To up-level skill and understanding of trauma and embodiment
- Learn practical skills and tools for teaching in trauma aware, mindful embodied way to help students experience real transformation
- Understand in practical terms how trauma works – Stress Response, Impact on the brain, Polyvagal Theory, PTSD and disassociation, Attachment theory
- Use research and how it supports use of yoga, mindfulness and embodiment practices in working with trauma
- Learn to create a stable and safe practice space for your students using embodiment practices
- Learn to assess students’ behavior and presentation to work in client-led way
- Learn the language used for working with trauma resilience
- Create your own 6 week programme for your community using trauma awareness and safe embodiment tools and practices: mindful embodied yoga, mindfulness, compassionate practices, pranayama, somatic and embodiment practices, and Focusing (Embodied Listening).
AT THE END OF THE COURSE YOU WILL HAVE:
- Up-leveled your understanding of trauma including your own experience
- Learnt how to use asana, pranayama, mindfulness, compassion and embodiment practices and tools to create a safe environment for your students
- Learned how to take care of yourself when working with students experiencing trauma and trauma symptoms like stress, anxiety, overwhelm and disassociation
- Gone through a personal journey – practiced embodiment to self-regulate, reflected on your own journey and grown as a practitioner and a yoga teacher
WHAT MAKES THIS COURSE UNIQUE
- This course brings together trauma awareness and training and mentoring in one – which means you will get lots of support and time to process and turn knowledge into embodied wisdom
- You will learn resilience and embodiment practices including Embodied Listening (Focusing) practice of working with felt-senses in the body for real personal transformation – something that you can practice daily and then bring into your teaching. These practices allow you to nurture deeper connection and integration – much needed for our busy and anxiety, stress and trauma filled lives
- The group will be no more than 16 participants to allow for safe learning space
- This course is done online so there is no travel required. At the moment as the world situation is unclear this kind of training will support you and your students very well. I will be running residential events next year and you will have an opportunity to join us then
HOW DOES IT WORK
- It’s a 10-week online mentorship programme
- 9 weekly 3-hour online sessions via Zoom on Fridays 1pm to 4pm UK time
- plus one integration week (week 9) with no zoom call
- all zoom calls are recorded
- 2 x 1-hour zoom 1-2-1 mentoring sessions for each participant
- there will be access to private membership space with videos and resources
- we will have private FB group for mutual support
- you will need to allocate time for home practices each week and your research
- you will be offered an option to work with a buddy system for mutual accountability and Focusing practice
- you will design your own 6 week programme to teach to your community
- EARLY BIRD BONUS till 15th December: 90 mins business clarity call to help you plan your business path
WHAT WILL WE COVER
WEEK 1 – What is trauma and what is resilience – 22nd January 2021
- Trauma and resilience – definitions and what is it about
- Stress response, brain, PTSD, Polyvagal Theory
- Yoga for trauma and resilience
- Where does it fit for you?
- Body as stability – yoga and embodiment practices
WEEK 2 – How trauma manifests in students and how yoga can help – 29th January
- The gift of yoga – research and practice
- Body language and useful assessments
- Helping students self-regulate
- Body as stability – yoga and embodiment practices
WEEK 3 – Connection and boundaries in yoga for trauma – 5th February
- Compassionate boundaries
- Seasons in yoga relationships
- Self-care and support when working with any trauma
- Embodied listening (Focusing) practice
- Who do you teach
- Body as a safe space – yoga and embodiment practices
WEEK 4 – Mindfulness and embodiment in yoga for trauma – 12th February
- The difference between mindfulness and embodiment
- 5 path journey towards self-regulation and transformation
- Body as aware organic space – yoga and embodiment practices
WEEK 5 – Compassion and identity in yoga for trauma – 19th February
- Metta Bhavana practices and cultivating compassionate Presence
- Nurturing resilience through yoga
- Compassion and identity in yoga and embodiment practices
WEEK 6 – Teaching yoga for trauma with safe embodiment and resilience – 26th February
- Asana and pranayama for trauma awareness and safe embodiment
- Yin and yang yoga approaches in your teaching
WEEK 7 – Teaching yoga for trauma with safe embodiment, resilience and social change – 5th March
- Your yoga and embodiment practices
- Trauma, resilience, yoga and teaching in community for social change
WEEK 8 – Tools to re-connect and integrate – 12th March
- Designing your own 6-week programme with trauma informed care, yoga and safe embodiment
- Yoga on and off the mat
WEEK 9 – Integration week (no call) – working on your programme – 19th March
- Time to work on your 6 week programme
WEEK 10 – Questions, integration and review – 26th March
- Q & A session A session
WHO AM I TO TEACH YOU ABOUT TRAUMA WORK
I feel passionate about sharing this knowledge because I know how much of a difference it makes to our confidence and quality of teaching. I’ve been practicing yoga for over 25 years, and teaching mindfulness yoga and meditation for 11 years. I also worked with trauma for over 20 years including 16 years front- line in Social Care with trauma, crisis intervention, mental health, addiction, DV, and child protection issues in various settings in London and Kent, where I later trained and supervised workers to engage and support vulnerable individuals and families.
Over last two decades I trained in various modalities including Mindfulness yoga and meditation, Mindfulness and Yoga for Pain, Slow Embodied yoga, Yin/Insight yoga, Psychology and Person-Centred Counselling, Master NLP and NLP for Health and Wellbeing, Life and Wellness Coaching, breathwork, Energy Healing and Reiki Master, Somatics, embodiment practices, bodywork and Thai Yoga Massage.
I bring all of that experience into my work with clients, creating integrative approach, a unique mix of bio-psycho-social & spiritual approach that is client-led, compassionate and trauma aware.
I am registered Senior Yoga Teacher and Trainer with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK, with over 5000 hours logged in teaching time, and Founder of Golden Mandala Ltd School of Yoga.
I run a unique 240Hrs Yoga Teacher Trainings: Embodying Yoga, Wisdom and Wholeness, which includes trauma awareness, embodiment and Focusing, and have been mentoring yoga teachers for many years – you can find more info here: Yoga Teacher Mentoring.
I am Founder of this ONLINE MENTORING: Trauma Resilience Embodied Yoga and Social Change for Yoga Teachers – 10-week online training and mentoring programme run via Zoom and private membership area.
Please note that these trainings are not therapy and I encourage you to seek therapeutic support if you struggling with your mental health.
Join us in our free FB group: Trauma Resilience Embodied Yoga and Social Impact
To apply for this mentorship programme please schedule your free consultation with me via my Acuity Scheduling calendar button below. It will give us an opportunity to connect and explore if this mentorship is right for you.
EARLY BIRD till 15th December 2020: £630 – includes BONUS 90 mins business clarity call and group sessions and 2 x 1-2-1 mentoring sessions.
FULL PRICE from 16th December: £680 – includes group sessions and 2 x 1 hour 1-2-1 mentoring sessions.
EARLY BIRD: I know that the current situation is difficult for many of us and therefore you can pay the full amount or with payment plans (3 instalments x £210 or 5 instalments x £126). >> Go to Shop page for instalments options <<
Please note T&C apply and there are no refunds for this course..