ONLINE MENTORSHIP for Yoga Teachers:
Trauma Resilience Embodied Yoga and Social Impact
50-hour Further Training Course accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals
Run over 5 Saturdays online teacher training with mentoring programme
Start date: Saturday 3rd March 2021
Online via Zoom – Saturdays 9am to 3.30pm UK time
Small group + 1-2-1 sessions to allow for personalised support
EARLY BIRD PRICE and BONUS AVAILABLE TILL 6th February. Instalment plans available.
> Check all current trainings at YOGA SCHOOL page
“It is so rare and refreshing to take a yoga teacher training course that is secular and backed by current scientifically informed thinking and applies that knowledge to the whole practice of yoga without descending into received wisdom and spiritual bypassing.”
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN/AIM OF THE COURSE
- To up-level skill and understanding of trauma and embodiment
- Learn practical skills and tools for teaching in trauma-informed and aware, mindful embodied way to help students experience real transformation
- Understand in practical terms how trauma works – Stress Response, Impact on the brain, Polyvagal Theory, PTSD and disassociation, Attachment theory
- Use research and how it supports use of yoga, mindfulness and embodiment practices in working with trauma
- Learn to create a stable and safe practice space for your students using embodiment practices
- Learn to assess students’ behavior and presentation to work in client-led way
- Learn the language used for working with trauma resilience
- Create your own 6 week programme for your community using trauma awareness and safe embodiment tools and practices: mindful embodied yoga, mindfulness, compassionate practices, pranayama, somatic and embodiment practices, and Focusing (Embodied Listening).
AT THE END OF THE COURSE YOU WILL HAVE:
- Up-leveled your understanding of trauma including your own experience
- Learnt how to use asana, pranayama, mindfulness, compassion and embodiment practices and tools to create a safe environment for your students
- Learned how to take care of yourself when working with students experiencing trauma and trauma symptoms like stress, anxiety, overwhelm and disassociation
- Gone through a personal journey – practiced embodiment to self-regulate, reflected on your own journey and grown as a practitioner and a yoga teacher
WHAT MAKES THIS COURSE UNIQUE
- This course brings together trauma-informed care and yoga training AND mentoring in one – which means you will get lots of support and time to process and turn knowledge into embodied wisdom.
- You will learn resilience and embodiment practices including Embodied Listening (Focusing) practice of working with felt-senses in the body for real personal transformation – something that you can practice daily and then bring into your teaching. These practices allow you to nurture deeper connection and integration – much needed for our busy and anxiety, stress and trauma filled live
- The group will be no more than 10 participants to allow for high quality safe learning space
- You will be asked to work with a buddy every week – allowing you to practice and connect with other teachers from the course
- This course is done online so there is no travel required. At the moment as the world situation is unclear this kind of training will support you and your students very well.
HOW DOES IT WORK
- This course is run as 5 Saturday sessions online mentorship programme
- Each online session will be delivered via Zoom on Saturday 9am to 3.30pm UK time
- plus two integration weeks with no zoom calls
- all zoom calls are recorded
- 2 x 1-hour zoom 1-2-1 mentoring sessions for each participant
- there will be access to private membership space with videos and resources
- we will have private FB group for mutual support
- you will need to allocate time for home practices each week and your research
- you will be offered an option to work with a buddy system for mutual accountability and Focusing practice
- you will design your own 6 week programme to teach to your community
- EARLY BIRD BONUS till 6th February: 90 mins business clarity call to help you plan your business path
WHAT WILL WE COVER
Session 1 – What is trauma and what is resilience – 6th March 2021
- Trauma and resilience – definitions and what is it about
- Stress response, brain, PTSD, Polyvagal Theory
- Yoga for trauma and resilience
- Where does it fit for you?
- Body as stability – yoga and embodiment practices
Session 2 – How trauma manifests in students and how yoga can help – 6th March 2021
- The gift of yoga – research and practice
- Body language and useful assessments
- Helping students self-regulate
- Body as stability – yoga and embodiment practices
Session 3 – Connection and boundaries in yoga for trauma – 13th March 2021
- Compassionate boundaries
- Self-care and support when working with any trauma
- Who do you teach
- Body as a safe space – yoga and embodiment practices
Session 4 – Mindfulness and embodiment in yoga for trauma – 13th March 2021
- The difference between mindfulness and embodiment
- 5 path journey towards self-regulation and transformation
- Embodied listening (Focusing) practice
- Body as aware organic space – yoga and embodiment practices
Session 5 – Compassion and identity in yoga for trauma – 20th March 2021
- Metta Bhavana practices and cultivating compassionate Presence
- Nurturing resilience through yoga
- Compassion and identity in yoga and embodiment practices
Session 6 – Teaching yoga for trauma with safe embodiment and resilience – 20th March 2021
- Asana and pranayama for trauma, resilience and safe embodiment
- Yin and yang yoga approaches in your teaching
Session 7 – Teaching yoga for trauma with safe embodiment, resilience and social change – 27th March 2021
- Your yoga and embodiment practices
- Trauma, resilience, yoga and teaching in community for social change
Session 8 – Tools to re-connect and integrate – 27th March 2021
- Becoming Embodied Leader
- Designing your own 6-week programme with trauma informed care, yoga and safe embodiment
- Yoga on and off the mat – social impact
2 weeks (no calls) – working on your programme –
- Time to work on your 6 week programme
Sessions 9 + 10 – Questions, integration and review – 17th April
- Q & A session A session
WHO AM I TO TEACH YOU ABOUT TRAUMA WORK
I feel passionate about sharing this knowledge because I know how much of a difference it makes to our confidence and quality of teaching. I’ve been practicing yoga for over 25 years, and teaching mindfulness yoga and meditation for 11 years. I also worked with trauma for over 20 years including 16 years front- line in Social Care with trauma, crisis intervention, mental health, addiction, DV, and child protection issues in various settings in London and Kent, where I later trained and supervised workers to engage and support vulnerable individuals and families.
Over last two decades I trained in various modalities including Mindfulness yoga and meditation, Mindfulness and Yoga for Pain, Slow Embodied yoga, Yin/Insight yoga, Psychology and Person-Centred Counselling, Master NLP and NLP for Health and Wellbeing, Life and Wellness Coaching, breathwork, Energy Healing and Reiki Master, Somatics, Embodiment practices, bodywork and Thai Yoga Massage.
I am also Embodied Resilience Coach and Focusing practitioner (currently assisting on modular Focusing Training with Fiona Parr).
I bring all of that experience into my work with clients, creating integrative approach, a unique mix of bio-psycho-social & spiritual approach that is client-led, compassionate and trauma aware.
I am registered Senior Yoga Teacher and Trainer with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK, with over 5000 hours teaching time, and Founder of Golden Mandala Ltd School of Yoga.
I work closely with Julia Davis from Yoga Teachers Forum and deliver Ethics and Trauma for Yoga Teachers workshops.
I have been mentoring yoga teachers for many years – you can find more info here: Yoga Teacher Mentoring.
Please note that these trainings are not therapy and I encourage you to seek therapeutic support if you struggling with your mental health.
Join us in our free FB group for more support and practical applications: Trauma Resilience Embodied Yoga and Social Impact
To apply for this mentorship programme please schedule your free consultation with me via my Acuity Scheduling calendar button below. It will give us an opportunity to connect and explore if this mentorship is right for you.
EARLY BIRD till 6th February 2021: £630 – includes BONUS 90 mins business clarity call and group sessions and 2 x 1-2-1 mentoring sessions.
FULL PRICE from 7th February 2021: £680 – includes group sessions and 2 x 1 hour 1-2-1 mentoring sessions.
EARLY BIRD: I know that the current situation is difficult for many of us and therefore you can pay the full amount or with payment plans (3 instalments x £210 or 5 instalments x £126). >> Go to Shop page for instalments options <<
.Please note T&C apply and there are no refunds for this course.
To read what previous participants said about ONLINE MENTORSHIP: Trauma Resilience Embodied Yoga and Social Impact training please go to this page and scroll to the bottom.