240 Hrs Yoga Teacher Training
Embodying Yoga, Wisdom and Wholeness
October 2020 – June 2021
Venue: Move Room, 107 Grange Road, Ramsgate, Kent
A unique and fully accredited foundation level yoga teaching qualification.
This training is designed to take you on a journey to become a yoga teacher who brings a mindful embodied presence and approach to yoga practices, is trauma aware and is able to work with students in a holistic and needs-led way.
During this training you will be supported to become a yoga teacher who integrates your new yoga teaching skills with your past experience and skills to create a unique expression of your teaching on the mat and off the mat.
You will receive high level of support with monthly 1-2-1 mentoring sessions in addition to learning in a small group of max 8 students. This will create a unique environment of high quality learning and support.
This 240 hour foundation teacher training includes 190 hours of contact time (including mentoring) and 50 hours of non-contact time for self-study, research, practice and final project done in your own time. Online support with videos and journal prompts and a private group.
- 9 weekends (9 hours each day) plus one residential weekend (Friday 4pm to Sunday 2pm)
- Practical wisdom of mindfulness, loving-kindness, mindful embodied practices and somatic movement
- Practical understanding of yoga practices supporting regulation of nervous system and body including mindful embodied yoga, yin yoga and restorative yoga
- Stress, nervous system and whole-person holistic approach
- Trauma awareness and trauma aware embodied practices
- Understanding of functional anatomy and physiology
- Various assessment tools to work with different needs and body types
- Energetic practices including Chakra system and Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, Bandhas and Mudras
- Thai Yoga Massage principles and aware informed touch in adjustments
- Inner Relationship Focusing practices to help you create inner self-trust, integration and healing with Focussing buddy system
- Monthly 1-2-1 mentoring sessions as well as group mentoring
- Professional support and help with creating and marketing your yoga offerings
- Business of Yoga training to help you prepare for sharing your teaching with your community and other environments you want to teach in
- Run by accredited Golden Mandala Ltd School of Yoga with Senior Yoga Teacher and Trainer with 11 years of yoga teaching experience and two decades of working with trauma, mental health and child protection issues. Training is fully accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals UK.
WHAT MAKES THIS TRAINING DIFFERENT AND UNIQUE:
This training is unique in the way that it teaches you how to become a yoga teacher who is walking his/her walk in an embodied and grounded way. This is a real transformation journey where you learn not only how to teach embodied mindful yoga but also develop your own daily practice based on embodiment and Inner Relationship Focusing to develop self-trust, integration and inner felt-sense of wholeness and stability, which in turn will show in the ways that you teach and how you live your life.
DATES and TIMES:
Each Module is whole weekend Saturday and Sunday. We will start each day at 8.45am and finish at 6pm. Residential weekend at the end of the training will be Friday 4pm to Sunday 2pm.
10 -11 October 2020
7 – 8 November 2020
5 – 6 December 2020
9 – 10 January 2021
13 -14 February 2021
13 – 14 March 2021
10 – 11 April 2021
8 – 9 May 2021
4 – 5 – 6 June 2021 Residential Retreat – Venue TBC
26 – 27 June 2021 – Exams and Closing
STUDY AND ATTENDANCE
You will be required to attend minimum of 160 hours contact time of the course. If you miss any contact training time you will be required to submit a short written piece of work showing your understanding of the material missed. If you miss a bigger portion of the training you will be required to have additional 1-2-1 sessions with course trainer to cover the missed trainings. This is incur an additional fee of £45 per hour.
The training is designed to support you through your journey and address any issues as they come up during the duration of the course. You will be required to teach yoga practice sessions to other course participants with constructive feedback given after each practice by the trainer.
You will also be required to complete a final written project of your own choice related to your yoga teaching – this will be agreed between you and the trainer and you will be given support and mentoring towards completion.
- On-going assessment of understanding of taught concepts
- On-going assessment of teaching skills throughout training weekends
- 3 lessons plans with a specific focus
- 6 week course plan
- 6 week course to be taught to a small group (3-6) people
- Reflective journals – for Focusing and your practice
- Signed off attendance to at least 4 different styles of yoga with reflection on the styles of teaching
FEES & PAYMENT:
Course fee IS £2500 paid in full or with monthly payment plan set up in place to help you spread the cost with 10 instalments.
Deposit of £550 is required to secure your place following your interview and acceptance on the training. Please note that this deposit is non-refundable in all circumstances. We will only refund any fees paid up to 30th August excluding non-refundable deposit.
The reminder of payment in full can be made at any point before the start date of the course or payment plan put in place with first instalment before the start of the course.
Please note that you will be legally obliged to pay the full amount in order to receive your certificate of completion.
Included in the fees are:
- 9 weekends (Sat – Sun 8.45am to 6pm)
- 1 residential weekend (Fri 4pm – Sun 2pm)
- Online support and group including videos and weekly journaling prompts
- Course handouts and materials
- 6 hours of one-to-one mentoring sessions
- Access to low-cost monthly mentoring group run in Ramsgate
What’s not included in fees:
- All transport to trainings
- Membership with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK
- Your practice Insurance
- Books and other materials needed to study
- First Aid Certificate
- Any other trainings run by Golden Mandala Ltd
You need to have been practising yoga for a minimum of 2 years, although you do not need to be an advanced practitioner.
- This course is fully accredited with Yoga Alliance Professionals and on completion of this 240 hrs training you will become a member
If you’d like to get more information or apply for this yoga teacher training email Aneta on firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then receive syllabus and application form and will be able to schedule your interview.